- Finish spinning milk fiber for Jane Eyre spinalong.
- Do a swatch for the pink and cream sweater.
- Do a swatch for the CTH competition.
- Start working on pattern for CTH competition.
- Keep working on SFS socks.
- Measure lid and tank of toilet for bathroom set.
- Start lid and tank cover for the set.
Pink & Cream sweater
There’s a few personal goals I’ve set for myself toward stash busting that include making a sweater out of some pink shiny yarn I’d been given for my birthday and another cream-colored yarn in my stash.
The yarn in the first photo was thicker and chunkier than I wanted, so I swapped it out for a smoother acrylic in my stash. You can see how much closer the acrylic I swapped for is to the pink in the next picture. Maybe I can use the first one as some sort of accent.
If everything goes well, I will line the jacket body with some cotton or fleece-based material for warmth and stability, and cutting down on possible itchiness. I might also try to weight the hem like I’ve heard of for Chanel jackets. Not sure where to get chain though, or how heavy it should be. I don’t want it to be too expensive.
Stats on the Patons Brilliant in Sparkling Rose:
24 stitches to the inch on US 5 knitting needles and US 5 (F) crochet hook.
I think I’m going to crochet the neckline and the edges of the cream yarn. I also intend to refer to the Ann Bud sweaters book to get the size sweater I need.