Some new movies coming out Oct. 2018 with Keira Knightley playing a 1700s or 1800s woman whose husband got her started ghostwriting one of his books for him. The book becomes wildly successful. He doesn’t want her to get any credit for it. She does not concur. Will it be a whinefest? Will I care if it is? I just hope it’s not one of those that’s all beautiful and artsy, but relies on some beloved character dying before it’s over.
Previous beloved (by me), but dead before the end characters:
- Dumbledore (book version way more touching than the movie)
- Penny in the Dr. Horrible musical (I don’t know about beloved, but she had my sympathy up to a point)
- The self-sacrificing dude in the “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times” book
- The other self-sacrificing dude whose brother was the jerk officer in the ‘Dragonfly in Amber’ miniseries
- Beth in ‘Little Women.’ Book and movie, especially as played by Claire Danes. I hate it when movies make me cry ugly tears in the theater. Glad I didn’t see this one there.
That’s all I have for now.
Knitting & Crafts, etc.
The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl, Ree Drummond
The Harry Potter Series, in order
Total Money Makeover, Dave Ramsey
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen